Sunday, March 15, 2009

Its a boy!!

I finally found out that my sister is having a baby boy. I decided I will make him a crocheted animal that will hopefully become his best friend. When I think of the the new nephew and stuffed animal, I picture Linus from The Peanuts cartoons dragging his blanket on the ground. My nephew will be Linus and the stuffed animal will be the blanket.





This is Benny the Monkey currently a work-in-progress.

About two years ago, I came across Elisabeth Doherty's Flickr photostream and thought I was going to die of cute overload! Her amigurumi dolls are so amazing and well crafted, I had to try to make one myself. Have you ever tried to copy a crochet pattern off of a picture and have it come out.....well, at all? Didn't think so. So naturally I was delighted to find out that she was having a book published called "Amigurumi: Super Happy Crochet Cute" . It is full of great patterns for these japanese-style dolls that I am absolutely in love with.

When I heard the news of baby boy, I knew immediately I would make something from this book. I will post photos when I am finished and I am planning on making another one of her patterns for my 10 year old niece. I will leave you with a photo of the arms. I think they came out so amazing!




Check out Beth's blog here.

1 comment: